Sunday 26 April 2009

Violent Video games



I think violence has definitely increased in the last decade or so because when I was a kid there wasn’t much violence and gore in games as there is maybe now. I remember the most violent game I played when I was young was Mortal Combat, which was a “beat-em up” game where there was a lot of blood used when you fought with an opponent. However, although I played this game it never influenced me or made me more violent. I think as graphics in games are better in this day and age compared to my teenage days, the violence is increasing as there is a more demand for it then before, as games were played purely for gameplay. However now people want to see CGI images and in-game video’s and perhaps thats why games are more violent?

here is a link which talks about violent video games :

http://www.psychologymatters.org/videogames.html



No comments: